The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) serves as the umbrella for parent involvement in school activities that take place throughout the year. Parents can get involved by volunteering to help with special events, after school programs, chairing a committee, etc. Being a member of the PTA gives you a voice in our school and also the opportunity to meet other parents in the school.
Why join the PTA?
- It's good for your child. Taking an active role in your child's school is critical to their success. Research shows that children whose parents are involved in their school get better grades and have fewer disciplinary problems.
- It's important to the school. the PTA raises funds to provide educational services and activities for our kids. With budgets tight, King Street counts on us to provide the little extras that are first to go in tight budgets.
- You'll be connected. Belonging to the PTA is a great way to hear first-hand what's going on at school. You will get to know teachers, administrators and other parents just like you, and hear about important decisions that will impact our children.
- It's flexible. There are a variety of ways parents can get involved int he PTA - from simply paying your PTA membership dues to chairing schoolwide events. It all depends on your availability. You don't need to attend every meeting to join the PTA!
- Your opinion matters! It makes a difference when you speak up. Your voice and ideas can help improve the quality of education for your children and their peers.
You don't have to make PTA a full-time job to make a difference!! But volunteering occasionally, participating in fundraisers and attending school events matters. Showing your children you value their school will teach them to value it as well.
The King Street PTA meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm. Parents and teachers are encouraged to attend all meetings, which include updates from our principal and teacher representative, and provide a wonderful opportunity to keep up with what's happening in our school and the school district.
Membership is $15 per individual or $25 for a family. Your dues help give us the resources to pay for educational and fun activities for our kids. A portion of your dues also goes to the National PTA, which provides us with important legal, membership and other support. (A $15 fee will apply for all returned checks.