The Parent Teacher Association (PTA) serves as the umbrella for parent involvement in school activities that take place throughout the year. Parents can get involved by volunteering to help with special events, after school programs, chairing a committee, and more!
The PTA is a partnership between our Parents, Teachers, School Staff and Administrators. Our PTA would not be successful without the full support of our teachers and school staff. We consider them crucial partners to our children’s success and encourage them to join our Association
Being a member of the PTA gives you a voice in our school and an opportunity to build connections with other parents and all the members of our community.
Why join the PTA?
- It's good for your child. Taking an active role in your child's school is critical to their success. Research shows that children whose parents are involved in their school get better grades and have fewer disciplinary problems.
- It's important to the school. The PTA raises funds to provide educational services and activities for our kids. With budgets tight, King Street School counts on us to provide the little extras that are first to be cut on tight budgets.
- You'll be connected. Belonging to the PTA is a great way to hear first-hand what's going on at school. You will get to know teachers, administrators and other parents. You’ll regularly hear about important decisions that will impact our children, both at the school and district level.
- You can ‘PTA’ YOUR way! There are a variety of ways parents can get involved in the PTA - from simply paying your yearly membership dues to chairing school wide events, becoming a class parent or serving on our Executive Board. It all depends on your interests, special talents and most importantly, your availability. You don't need to attend every meeting or volunteer every week to be a valuable member of the PTA!
- Your opinion matters! It makes a difference when you speak up. Your voice and ideas can help improve the quality of education for your children and their peers.
You don't have to make PTA a full-time job to make a difference!! Volunteering occasionally, participating in fundraisers and attending school events MATTERS. Showing your children that you value their school will teach them to value it as well.
The King Street PTA holds a monthly meeting on the second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 pm. Parents and teachers are encouraged to attend all meetings, which include updates from our principal and teacher representative, and provide a wonderful opportunity to keep up with what's happening in our school and the school district.
Membership is $15 per individual or $25 for a family. Your dues help give us the resources to pay for educational and fun activities for our kids and show your support for our hard working teachers and administrators. A portion of your dues also goes to the National PTAOpens in a new browser tab, which provides us with important legal, membership and other support.
Join TODAY online: https://kss.memberhub.store/
Email us anytime: KSSPTA@gmail.com