The PTA has many committees on which parents can serve. They include:
- Scholastic Book Fair: Coordinate, help to organize and staff the fall and/or spring school-wide book fairs.
- After School Programming: Coordinate fall and spring after-school enrichment classes. Hire instructors, register students, and monitor daily check-in of students.
- Cultural Arts: Arrange and set up for cultural performances and author visits throughout the school year.
- Founders’ Night: Coordinate this event, including nominating parent and teacher award recipients, honoree gifts, speeches, and notifying community.
- Veteran’s Day: Coordinate this community wide event inviting Veterans from our KSS families to a morning of ceremony, honors and breakfast.
- Fun and Fitness Day: Organize theme, activities, food, volunteers and entertainment for this King Street School-only event, which takes place at the end of the school year during a school day.
- Holiday Breakfast: Coordinate this breakfast, including sending out flyers, ordering food, and providing decorations and entertainment
- Holiday Boutique: Coordinate this boutique sale for students working with parents on craft ideas, arranging for drop-off of crafts, set-up, organizing volunteers, selling crafts, etc
- Spirit Team: Assist hired teacher in teaching pom pom, flag and baton routines to the children for Band Night.
- Talent Show: Coordinate this event, including organizing talent acts and arranging for an emcee
- Translation Committee: Periodically throughout the school year, assist with translating materials and/or meetings with parents in the school. Yearbook: Responsible for layout, sale and distribution of yearbook.
- Scholarship Committee: Review applications received from KSS alumnae who are currently PCHS seniors in the Spring, and review mini-teacher grant applications in the fall/winter.
- KSS Community Garden/Garden of Memories Committee: Maintenance of the newly established community garden, the Garden of Memories, and other beautification areas.
- KSS BookSwap Committee: Organize a book swap/book exchange.
Join the PTA today: kss.memberhub.store
Email us anytime: firstname.lastname@example.org